The company has become a solvent technological partner to undertake digital transformation with the most powerful management and cybersecurity solutions. An omnichannel service that adapts to the needs of each organisation with the philosophy of putting technology at the service of people since it was created in 2011.
>In November 2011, Alfredo R. Cebrián and Sergio Aguado founded Soluciones Cuatroochenta as a company specialising in applications development in Espaitec, the Science, Technology and Business Park of the Universitat Jaume I in Castelló (Valencia, Spain).
>In April 2017, Bolsas y Mercados Españoles and the Big Ban Angels association selected Cuatroochenta among the top three Spanish companies to participate in the first Pre-Market Environment, a project to prepare its exit to the Alternative Spanish Equity Market (MaB).
>In March 2019, Soluciones Cuatroochenta was transformed from a Private Limited Company to a Public Limited Company.
>On 22 October 2020, the company debuted on BME Growth, formerly the Alternative Spanish Equity Market (MaB), with a company value of 31.14 million euros, becoming the first company to make the leap from the Pre-Market Environment after receiving approval from BME's Coordination and Incorporation Committee. The company closed 2020 with revenues of 11.75 million euros and an EBITDA of 1.61 million euros, as stated in the results preview, and from March to September 2021 it was listed on the Ibex Growth Market index, the selective index of the fifteen most liquid companies.
> In October 2021, Cuatroochenta's value since its incorporation to BME Growth in one year increases by 75% in one year. Between January and June 2021, the company achieved a 123% increase in net turnover, from €3.08 million in the same period in 2020 to €6.88 million this year, while its EBITDA grew from €0.42 million to €0.89 million, i.e., 110% increase.
> In June 2022, the company completes its largest round of financing and is financed with 6.82 million thanks to the capital increase.
Two years after its foundation, in 2013, Cuatroochenta increased its capital for the first time and Word Wide Networks, S.L., wholly owned by the family of Vicente Montesinos, became a shareholder. In April 2017, Cuatroochenta completed a capital increase of €600,000 through the contribution of the Gimeno111 branch of activity, owned by Santiago Gimeno, and the cash injection of the existing partner World Wide Networks, with a company value of €10 million.
To boost its subsidiaries, to reinforce and expand its products and services and enhance its positioning, in 2019 the company acquired Asintec Gestión, S.L., owner of the facility services management software CheckingPlan, and Sofistic, S.A. which specialises in cybersecurity and has a presence in Latin America.
In July 2020, the company continued with its M&A strategy by acquiring the software business of 4TIC Castellón 2009, S.L, a specialist in e-government and blockchain. And during 2020 it acquired Ekamat, a Microsoft Gold Partner and ERP specialist; FAMA, a leading platform in the facility management sector; and Sofistic SAS, a Colombian company specialising in cybersecurity.
In February 2021, Pavabits was created as a result of the union of the construction group Pavasal with Cuatroochenta with the aim of digitalising the customer-supplier relationship. In October 2021, the acquisition of Develapps, the Valencian app development company with a highly specialised team and international experience, was carried out. And in 2022, the Barcelona-based company Matrix was acquired through Pavabits to strengthen Cuatroochenta’s position in business management software, and Conpas, one of the top three Zoho partners in Europe.
Products and services
The company offers customized technological solutions to manage the digital channel or streamline internal processes for clients and partners in all types of economic sectors, such as mobility, health, distribution, tourism, culture and leisure. Cuatroochenta's solutions combine proprietary products such as FAMA (facility management), CheckingPlan (facility services), Escena Online (ticketing for events) and UareSAFE (Mobile Threat Defense and VPN); and also participates in other technological projects such as Invoice System (digitization of invoices) and Matrix (documentary solution). The technology company also has its own cybersecurity unit, Sofistic, specialized in the application of artificial intelligence and prevention to maintain safe environments and minimize risks, especially in the banking sector and critical infrastructures.
Aware of the impact of technology on society, in June 2021 Cuatroochenta created, together with the Universitat Jaume I of Castelló, the Chair of Artificial Intelligence, Health and Wellbeing with the aim of promoting teaching, research and dissemination of knowledge about to support the elderly. In March 2022, the Saturdays AI training programme, promoted by the Cuatroochenta Chair as an opportunity to acquire knowledge about AI, closed its first edition in Castellón, developing seven machine learning projects with social impact and open source.
Since 2016 it has been promoting its own ecosystem of innovation and knowledge transfer from the university to the productive sector, with its participation in the business incubator Blast Off Partners. Along the same lines, in 2015 it was a partner in the launch of MIT4, an educational project developed in the Degrees in Computer Engineering and Video Game Design and Development of the UJI and awarded by the Society of Software Engineering and Software Development Technologies (SISTEDES).
In 2019, together with other technology firms from Castellón and the European Centre for Innovative Enterprises (CEEI) in Castellón, it created the Association of Technology Companies of Castellón, Xarxatec, to promote entrepreneurship and the development of qualified professionals. These organisations have been collaborating since 2016 to organise the annual meeting of programmers Hackhaton Castellón and to provide dual vocational training. In July 2020 it joined, as a partner, the Digital District of the Valencian Community, a meeting point for more than 250 national and international technology companies. And in June 2021, through Xarxatec, it launched a new training project, Xarxatec Activa, to train and generate qualified technological experts in the province of Castellón and thus cover the lack of digital personnel.
Prizes and awards
- National SME of the Year Award 2022 in training and employment granted by the Spanish Chamber of Commerce and Banco Santander (2023).
- Sofistic, Darktrace Service Provider of the Year (2022)
- Sofistic, CrowdStrike project and partner of the year (2022)
- Sofistic, Innovation Award from Exabeam (2022)
- University-Business Collaboration Award granted by the Valencian Science Parks Network (2022)
- Company recognized for the fourth consecutive year with the Great Place to Work certificate as an excellent company to work for (2023, 2022, 2021, 2020)
- Faro Business Initiative Award granted by the Port Authority of Castellón (2021)
- Recognition of the Universitat Jaume I of Castelló as a Sponsoring and Collaborating Company of the university (2021)
- Initiative and Expansion Award for El Periódico Mediterráneo (2021)
- Sapiens Empresa Prize awarded by the Official College of Computer Engineering of the Valencian Community (2021)
- Joining BME Growth (2020)
- Rafael López Lita Prize for Good Communication Practices in the Covid-19 crisis awarded by the adComunica Association (2020)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Prize awarded by Economy 3 (2019)
- Castellón SME of the Year Award from the Spanish Chamber of Commerce and the Santander Group (2018)
- Google's European Digital News Initiative (DNI) Award with Grupo Zeta (2017)
- Company selected for the first Pre-Market Environment promoted by Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (BME) and the Big Ban Angels Association (2017).
- Selected for the Spanish Pavilion at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona (2017)
- Selected by ICEX Spain Tech Centre for the Silicon Valley Immersion Program (2016)
- Selected by the Ministry of Industry to participate in the Mobile World Congress in Shanghai (2016)
- Castellón Human Resources Club Job Creation Award (2017)
- Award of the Society for Software Engineering and Software Development Technologies (SISTEDES) for the educational project "From Entrepreneurship to Success through Agile Methodologies and Software Engineering" (2016)
- Onda Cero Castellón-Internet and New Technologies Award (2016)
- Innovative Company of the Valencian Community Award 2015-Business Trajectory. CEEI-IVACE (2015)
- XVIII Bancaja Young Entrepreneurs Award (2012)
- 5th Award for Student Entrepreneurship of the Social Council of the Universitat Jaume I (2012)
- Young Company of Castellón Prize awarded by El Periódico Mediterráneo (2012)
- Cope Castellón Young Entrepreneurs Award (2012)
- Science Award (2011)
Contact for further information and to request an interview
David Hernández Beltran
+34 964 10 28 35
Updated: February 2023.