To explore the possibilities of virtual reality and the immersive experiences applied to private enterprise in a systematic way, for current or future customers, that is the goal behind Cuatroochenta organizing a specific department based on the experience of its technical director, Sergio Aguado, and on the inclusion of four final year students of the first graduating class of the Degree in Design and Development of Video Games, University Jaume I, Castellón,
Thus, Cuatroochenta and the Degree in Design and Development of Video Games signed an educational cooperation agreement to start the process of R&D knowledge transfer of the university to the productive sector.
During last year, Cuatroochenta has had already developed many virtual reality apps, like the ad hoc projects for ceramics industry, but the goal from now on is to investigate in depth the different applications and business opportunities that this technology offers, which seems that its time has come. The new team is composed of technicians and a space modeler that are already working in different solutions related to immersive experiences with VR glasses.
- 360º visits. In the line of the first apps already developed for customers to immerse themselves in a new way in a showroom of ceramic products, but exploring all the applicable possibilities, for example to the cultural and real estate sector.
- Movement recreation. Detection and recreation of the user’s displacement inside the immersive experience beyond the head’s movement, so you can move forward or backward within VR spaces with their own steps.
- Introduction of odors in virtual reality. Cross VR glasses with odor sources that are activated or deactivated depending on the experience.
- 360º sounds. Experiencing the introduction of sound from different sources and with different intensities so that the immersive experience gets more real.
- Gamification of apps. The introduction of game modules in conventional apps and those for virtual reality.