Through a public tender, and with the support of the European funds for regional development (FEDER FUNDS), FAMA successfully secured the project against nine competitors. The project team conducted a diligence analysis and looked into the development, and implementation of the software platform designed for managing scientific equipment. This platform was a crucial component of the INFRARED project and was implemented across all four public universities of Castilla y León. Additionally, the project involved the seamless migration of pre-existing data where necessary.
The FAMA platform comprises the following essential tools:
The platform enables any user to publicly view online, the portfolio of available tools and the services associated with it at each of the four public universities in Castilla y León.
Laboratory management application:
Through this platform, each university seamlessly manages its laboratories and instruments, with real-time visibility into information via the public web interface.
The application manages:
Do you need help in managing your company's assets?
Encouragement of public-private partnerships:
- The publication of the portal, accessible to any user, ensures that the resources offered by the university are readily available to the general public.
Contribution to research activity:
- Optimization of the utilization of scientific equipment.
- Exponential growth in requests from research personnel and companies.
- Facilitate the coordination of future investments, preventing unnecessary duplication and inefficiencies.
- The platform manages an inventory of approximately 300 items of equipment, valued at over 30 million euros, along with all their associated information.
- Detailed control of maintenance for high-value purchased equipment: ensuring thorough oversight of maintenance to facilitate early detection of breakdowns and other incidents.
Automation of procedures:
- Requests made through a public web portal.
- Integrated management of the entire lifecycle of requests from a unified environment.
- Automation of procedures derived from the request for services.
Updated and shared information:
- Document management.
- Unique and proprietary database.
- Information shared among the different universities.
«Through the accessible FAMA portal, open to any user, we have successfully made the university's scientific and technical resources available to the public. This not only enhances research activities by optimizing equipment usage but also fosters collaborative spaces for sharing achievements, ideas, and concerns. Additionally, it facilitates the coordination of future investments, ensuring a streamlined approach that avoids unnecessary duplication and inefficiencies»